Monday, April 30, 2012

Painting - Choppy Waters


This is a very rough sketch for a new painting, will  bring it into photoshop and fool around with the composistion, dont like the position of the four boats and I want to keep with the movement pictured in the boat in the right foreground.


This is the photoshop version of my sketch. Changed the square format and added more boats and movements with boats and lines, will try to keep with the energy in the water and boats.


This is the painting in progress, forgot to take a picture of the painting after I sketched it in and less complete. Have not painted the sails or the body of the some of the boats yet, and may use more lines and color variation, might add a mooring bouy in the foreground.  The blue in the water is darker and more navy than in the photo. This is on a 18x24 canvas.


Almost finished painting below.

1 comment:

  1. These abstracts are beautiful, Phyliss.
    I saw your work in Wellfleet this summer and before I even recognized that it was yours I was drawn right into the dynamic style, color and shapes.
    This is a fantastic direction you've taken.

    ReplyDelete