Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Boat House Row - The Process

This picture was taken from my small boston whaler on the Westport River, in Ma . The area is called BoatHouse Row and is at the mouth of the river with views to the ocean, dunes and river, one of the most beautiful locations in New England, my opinion anyway. I love the shapes of houses and want to experiment with perspective and simplicity in this painting.

This is a sketch I did from the photo, taking some creative liberties, I like the lines and marks and will try to keep them in the painting. I also will try to play around with perspective.

Image on left - Now I brought the sketch into Photoshop to play around with the colors to see if the design and composition will work.

The final painting, like it, but would like to do another one with more colors on the houses and more depth. Painting is 30x30.

No comments:

Post a Comment