Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Wader -


This is description of the painting process of the piece I am currently working on.I have the idea to use seabird shapes with the emphasis on the leggy look of the birds to use as the design element.
First Step: Sketching some bird shapes and exagerate some of the features, legs, bills and
squaring off the body of the birds, keeping the angular look.

2nd Step -The next step( image on left below) is to bring the sketches into Photoshop and move around the shapes to get a good composition and to play around with some colors. Image on right is the 24x24 canvas that I am going to use, I have put a red undercolor, I think this will compliment the greens and yellows when some of it shows through.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you .. I enjoyed reading the steps for you paintings. -- Sylvia

    ReplyDelete